It is known as the bible for startups and the best investment a startup can make.
A startup without customers is like a day without oxygen, and the Startup Owners Manual helps founders get it right and shows you how to get, keep, and grow customers, literally every step of the way.
This manual walks entrepreneurs step-by-step through the proven, world-renowned Customer Development process for getting startups right the first time.
The Customer Development process was developed by a Silicon Valley serial entrepreneur-turned-educator and based on his eight valley startups, four of which IPO’ed.
He joined with serial entrepreneur Bob Dorf to build the Startup Owner s Manual as a sequel to his first book, which sparked the Lean Startup movement. The Startup Owners Manual lays out the best practices, lessons and tips that have swept the startup world, offering a wealth of proven advice and information for entrepreneurs of all stripes.
We also discuss innovation within larger, established organisations.
- Guides startups of all types in their search for a scalable, profitable business model
- Explains the 9 deadly sins startups commit most often and helps you to avoid them
- Incorporates the business model canvas as the starting point for any startup
- Provides separate paths and advice for physical versus web/mobile products
- Explains how to test and iterate your companys road to product/market fit
- Details strategies and tactics for how to get, keep and grow customers
- Teaches a new math for startups — metrics that matter
- Includes detailed checklists at every step of the process
- and provides hundreds of ideas, watch-outs and how tos for founders and innovators
I am delighted to welcome the pioneer of the Lean Startup movement, the legendary Steve Blank